This professional certification program in life coaching at Sofia University is founded on the belief that true transformation requires experiencing a deeper holistic understanding of the body, mind, and spirit. The 12-week program incorporates weekly participation in online lessons, cohort discussions, real-time coaching practice, and opportunities for self-reflection.
This is a transpersonal approach to coaching that builds on both the International Coaching Federation’s core competencies and a proven framework, the GROW model. Participants deepen their transpersonal and transformative knowledge, engage in ongoing experiential practices, collaborate with colleagues and practice coaching skill capacities within a safe and collaborating group process. The program begins and ends with onsite training and continues with online learning and discussions, teleconference coaching practice and accredited coach mentoring. The program supports participants’ multiple coaching niches from external personal and professional businesses to internal company leadership positions.
Once the program is successfully completed, students receive the Transformative Life Coaching Certificate of Completion, which is recognized by the International Coaching Federation. Our goal is to provide students with the confidence to market and expand their coaching base, develop their own unique coaching style, and strengthen their leadership effectiveness to make a difference.
Dates: Coach Training begins on-site at the Costa Mesa campus
Length: 12 weeks
Next Start: Spring 2020
Format: Hybrid – Online/Onsite
Total hours: 86 hours
Direct Contact: 52 hours
• Bachelor’s Degree (*Students with an Associates in a field similar to coaching such as Human Resources, etc. may be able to enter. Please speak with the Admissions Office to better understand the program and identify if this is the right fit for you).
• Credit card payment is due at time of registration.
• Full refund minus $75 processing fee within one week prior to the start of the residential intensive (previous Friday at 5:00 pm).
• Full refund minus $175 process fee up to 24 hours prior to the start of the residential intensive (Thursday, 9:00 am).
• Full refund minus $1000 processing fee by the Friday (5:00 pm) after the weekend residential intensive.
• No refunds after that date.
Earned a Transformative Coach Certificate of Completion for 86 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) aligned with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) in preparation for continued accreditation with ICF.
Developed and applied coaching core competency skills of how to engage with your clients in meaningful ways that build trust, deepen insights and inspire movement toward desired actions.
Created a strategic roadmap for how to build a coaching practice that ignites your niche and supports your clients’ potentials.
Increased your effectiveness as a leader and developed a greater sense of how to engage others and increase performance advancing your career aspirations.
Experienced a deeper understanding of transpersonal (body, mind, emotional, spirit) approaches that support multiple coaching niches from personal to professional fields of interest.
Demonstrated a strong understanding of the coaching code of ethics and how continued self-awareness, self-monitoring and self-improvement contribute to the highest standards of professional coaching.