About The Program:
• Demonstrate financial need
• Attend school at least half-time
• Be enrolled in a degree-granting program
• Be either a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
Sofia University pays $20/hr. Student Assistants may work a maximum of 20 hrs/week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and indicate on email subject line for the position you are applying for.
All positions are open until filled.
Student Assistants receive a paycheck 2x/ month (the 1st and 15th of the month).
We invite you to apply to any of the following opportunities that you may be interested in.
Reports to: John Elfers
Department: Dissertation Office
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Palo Alto or Costa Mesa or Remote
Title: Dissertation Office Assistant
The Dissertation Office (DO) Assistant is a work-study position. To be eligible for work-study, the student must have a completed FAFSA application and eligible for Title IV federal funds.
• The DO Assistant will manage students’ documents when they are on dissertation process and keep correspondence in order, including administrative records and financial records.
• The DO Assistant will archive the forms that the student submits and inform the student of next steps. Additionally, they will track each student’s dissertation process, including their committee members, contracts, financial activities, cooperation with the Research Ethics Committee, and final edit checks.
• This position can be fulfilled remotely. It does involve checking into the office at least every other day to manage paperwork.
• This position is supervised by the Director of the Dissertation Office.
• Federal Work Study (FWS) students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week and will earn $20 per hour. FWS students may not work more than 2 work study jobs.
• Work Study positions run on a quarterly basis.
Sofia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Human Resources Department at 888-820-1484 ext.10200.
Reports to: Dorote Lucci
Classification: Part-time, 20 hours max/week
Title: Work Study Assistant – Data Management and Communications
Job Summary: The Work Study Assistant – Data Management and Communications will support the department’s day-to-day operations by managing data and communications. This position will enter data, manage spreadsheets, and generate reports. In addition, the Work Study Assistant will be responsible for communicating with other departments and possibly students to ensure accurate and timely data collection and dissemination.
• Enter data into spreadsheets and databases
• Manage spreadsheets and databases to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Generate reports regularly
• Communicate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely data collection and dissemination
• Respond to inquiries from stakeholders and provide information as needed
• Attend meetings and take notes as required
• Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university
• Strong data management skills, including experience with spreadsheets and databases
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
• Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau) is a plus
Mentor – Hiring for Multiple Openings
Reports to: Lisa Sammon
Department: Alta Housing (Community Service Partner)
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt, Community Service
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate position name in subject line.
YOUTH CLUB:BUILT ON FRIENDSHIP
• Mentors provide guidance, motivation, emotional support, and role-modeling.
• Mentor relationships with our youth residents.
• Build student self-esteem to complete homework independently.
• Guide students with different study skill strategies.
• Coach students based on volunteers’ experiences.
• Do fun and interesting activities together.
• Support academic improvement.
• Model wellness to positively influence youth and relationships.
• Mentoring session for all subjects: Grades 4th-9th.
• A mentor will help with exploring careers, setting goals, developing contacts, and identifying resources.
• Each mentor partners with 2 students.
• Student mentor must pass a criminal background check. (Sofia University pays for this.)
• Federal Work Study (FWS) students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week andwill earn $20 per hour. FWS students may not work more than 2 work study jobs.
• Work Study positions run on a quarterly basis.
Sofia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Human Resources Department at 888-820-1484 ext.10200.
Renate Krogdahl, MBA
AVP HR, Administration & Board Governance Title IX Coordinator
"At Sofia we believe people are our biggest assets. Our organizational culture implements what Richard Branson stated “Train people well enough so they can leave. Treat them well enough so they don’t want to.”
Phone: 888.820.1484 ext. 10200
Costa Mesa Campus:
3333 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Palo Alto Campus
1069 E. Meadow Circle
Palo Alto, CA 94303