***Dissertation Office Announcement***
Sofia University Conference Scholarship
Sofia University is honored to support our students with the newly established Sofia University Conference Scholarship. It is awarded to any student who presents at an academic conference. It is our hope that recognizing student efforts in this way will support ITP/Sofia's longstanding history of excellence in research. Please email Eric Pierson at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Meet with the Dissertation Assistant
The dissertation assistant can help you with the technical and procedural aspects of the dissertation process. First, take a look at the Forms and Resources sections below. Many of your questions can be answered there.
Eric Pierson: email@example.com
Eric has been with the Dissertation office since the Winter of 2014. He is currently a student in the Residential PsyD Program.
Meet with the Dissertation Director - Ted Esser, Ph.D.
I'm here to answer any dissertation process questions that can't be answered by your Chair, the Dissertation Office Assistant or by the information found on this web page. It's my goal to help guide you through your journey with this final stage in your Sofia journey successfully.
Look at the Faculty Interest and Methods List below to choose your potential Chair and Committee Members from. Before you have chosen your Chair, your Academic Advisor also serves as a pre-dissertation phase advisor on dissertation matters. Once your Chair is approved, they become your advisor until you graduate.
Make sure you take a look at the Forms and Resources sections below. Many of your questions can be answered there. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions about the dissertation process.
To make an appointment, email me at Ted.Esser@Sofia.edu. Appointment times are Pacific Time. Appointments are done by phone or via Zoom.
Faculty Interest and Methods List
- FORM 1-Chairperson Request
- FORM 2A-Recommend a Research Faculty
- FORM 2B-Final Committee Formation
- FORM 2C-Committee Member Change Request
- FORM 2D-Research Faculty Application Questionnaire
- FORM 3A-Proposal Meeting
- FORM 3B-Proposal-Committee Comments and Student Reponse
- FORM 4-Research Ethics Committee Application
- FORM 5A-Draft Meeting
- FORM 5B-Draft-Committee Comments and Student responses
- FORM 6-Final Approval of Draft
- FORM 7-Proof of Final Draft Edit
- FORM 8-Abstract & Keywords
- Completion Phase-Final Submission Checklist Updated 10-19-16
- Dissertation Committee Policy 10_8_15
- Dissertation Deadlines 2016-2018
- Dissertation Process Updated 3-20-17
- Dissertation template 3-31-16
- Dissertation Title Page Spacing 3-14-16
- Editors Coaches Formatting 4-18-16
- Letter of Recommendation Example revised 11_1_14
- Preliminary Research Summary Example 11_1_14
- Reviewer Sign-off
- Working Dissertation Timeline 5-9-17