- Ph.D., University of Washington School of Law: Asian and Comparative Law
- LL.M, University of Washington School of Law: Asian and Comparative Law
- GDL, Fudan University.
- LLB, East China University of Political Science and Law.
- 03/2019 – present: Adjunct Professor, Tianjin University School of Law
- 10/2018 – present: Adjunct Fellow, China University of Political Science and Law,
- 05/2008 – 2016: Adjunct Fellow, Beijing Normal University Research Institute of Criminal Law Science
- 06/2000 – 06/2010: Senior Fellow, New York University School of Law US-Asia Law Institute, New York, NY, USA.
- o Researched and taught the courses of the Criminal Law and Law & Society in China
- 11/1998 – 10/ 2000: Senior Fellow, Open Society Institute, New York, NY, USA
- 06/1987 – 10/1992: Assistant Professor, Fudan University Department of Law, Shanghai, China
- 04/2021 to present: Executive Director, Columbia University Teachers College Education for Persistence, and Innovation Center
- 05/2019 – present: Independent Director, Chuying Nongmu, LLC
- 05/ 2016 – present: Independent Director, STRI Holding, LLC
- 03/2013 – 06/2014: Country Director, American Bar Association (ABA) Rule of Law Initiative China Office
- 07/2010 – 02/2013: Managing Director, UDA Consulting Group, advising Chinese and American corporations in joint ventures
- 02/2014 to 03/2021: Independent Consultant,
- 10/ 2007 – 05/ 2008: Consultant, United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- 09/ 2007 – present: Business Representative, China Capital Investment Group (CCIG) International