Bachelor's Degree Completion Programs
Sofia University’s Bachelor’s Completion program was specifically designed for students like you—busy people who have some prior education along with significant life experience who didn’t complete their undergraduate degree for a variety of reasons. Sofia University provides education to fit your lifestyle and your needs.
Why choose Sofia?
- Students that enter our BAC program can seamlessly transfer into an advanced degree in less time than transferring from one university to another.
- Our program was designed for individuals that have prior education and life experience but were unable to complete their undergraduate degree. Through the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) we are able to provide credit to some students for life and work experience in addition to prior undergraduate coursework.
- Our program was designed to educate the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
- The online format of our program meets the lifestyle needs of working adults. Students can complete the program in 1-2 years, which has become increasingly more difficult with educational budget cuts in most states.
- The capstone project of our program allows you to immerse yourself in work that matters profoundly to you. Under the guidance of a faculty advisor you will have the opportunity to explore, design and complete a year-long project in an area of interest to you.
Find a program that’s best for you!
B.A. in Psychology
Sofia University has a long-ingrained whole-person approach that acknowledges more than just the science of psychology; it acknowledges that there are spiritual influences as well. Also, we recognize and embrace creative expression and eco-psychology.
With a bachelor’s in psychology you can lead community health organizations or work in human resources because you will be better prepared to work with people. Whatever your long-term research or personal goals may be, this degree will better prepare you for that work or help you move up the ranks if you are currently employed.
B.A. in Liberal Arts
Liberal Arts encompasses humanities, social sciences and physical sciences—it allows for a truly interdisciplinary educational experience. We believe interdisciplinary education offers the best opportunity for engaged and rigorous academics while keeping student learning and experience at its core. It requires students to become better thinkers, writers and citizens. It is education that acknowledges the complexities and varied relationships students will (and do) face in their lives. The Liberal Arts provide the analytic, technological and human tools to work with information across and among disciplines.
Concentration in Business & Leadership
At Sofia University, you will learn the technical base to business including accounting, statistics and business theory, as well as the study of a changing political climate for business. As a graduate from this program, you will have both cultural sensitivity and competence. You will be responsive rather than reactive because we take a whole-person approach to business through a transpersonal learning model. We engage the ethical dimensions of business as central to what makes a successful business person and leader. We take a modern approach to business more akin to the innovation of TED Talks than the corruption of Wall Street.
Concentration in LGBTQ Studies
LGBTQ peoples and their allies will find that this curriculum situates them historically, socially and scientifically in the best scholarship and practices currently available. The program works from a base of psychology to provide a solid foundation of the histories and complex sexual identity issues of LGBTQ peoples in this country and around the world. This degree will prepare you for either graduate work or work with a community-based organization or non-profit.
Concentration in Transpersonal Studies
Transpersonal Studies acknowledges the more-than-human realms of knowledge and meaning. In the Transpersonal Studies curriculum, you will engage with serious and scholarly intent, the immanent and transcendent dimensions of human experience: exceptional human functioning, experiences, performances and achievements, true genius, the nature and meaning of deep religious and mystical experiences, non-ordinary states of consciousness, and how we might foster the fulfillment of our highest potentials as human beings.
Transferring to Sofia
You must have completed at least 60 credits at previous universities to qualify for transfer to Sofia University. A maximum of 45 credit hours can be achieved through CAEL.
Submit an Application
BAC programs start twice a year in fall and spring. You may submit your application online at any time during the year. However, to ensure that space is available, it is recommended that applications be submitted at least 12 weeks prior to the opening seminar date. The application is available at www.sofia.edu. Application fees will be waived until August 2013.
Requirements for Application Process
- Completed application form
- 3-5 page essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- All official academic transcripts
- Personal interview
- TOEFL exam*
- Foreign transcript evaluation*
*Required only for international students
$475/credit hour, 45 credits per year
We have a full service financial aid department here to help you. For more information on financial aid, please call (888) 98-SOFIA