Sofia University was founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the fields of psychology, liberal arts, women’s spirituality and related areas. Located in Palo Alto, California, the University provides both on campus and low residency distance learning programs which permit students the opportunity to study at a distance and online, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty.
The university's purpose is to prepare students to apply the knowledge, principles and experiences of transpersonal psychology to research, training, and the practice of clinicians, counselors, educators, and other professionals. The university's broader purpose is to provide leadership in the field of transpersonal psychology whereby faculty, graduates, and students contribute to the enrichment of human life and address worldwide needs with compassion and effectiveness.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer
All resumes should be sent to Human Resources Manager Aida Smailagic: email@example.com
Reports to: Admissions Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
As a member of the Admission Department, this creative and knowledgeable individual will assist in the planning, development and implementation of the University-wide recruitment and admissions programs. The Admissions Counselor will actively contribute to achieve enrollment goals as well as the growth development and activities of the department that promote a commitment to access and student success for our diverse student body.
- Focus on working with prospects for graduate and undergraduate Programs
- Achieve enrollment goals and objectives for new graduate students and support achievement of the University's annual enrollment goals for all programs
- Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
- Build a relationship between prospective students and the University in support of enrollment as a foundation for student success at Sofia University.
- Initiate and maintain communication with prospective students, applicants, and students admitted as graduate/undergraduate students to the University.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process, including a number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducting telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conduct on-campus and online recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins) as needed.
- Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming graduate students; facilitate communication between program chairs and prospective students regarding admission policies and procedures; resolve exceptional applicant problems.
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admission recruitment operations in general;
- Bachelor's degree; preferred in Business Management, Psychology, Education, Marketing, Public Relations, Counseling, or related fields.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3 years of experience as an admissions counselor or similar experience.
- Ability to be proactive, work under minimal supervision, with an appreciation for innovation and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex issues and implement systemic solutions. Previous experience with Jenzabar is strongly preferred.
- High energy, meticulous attention to detail, and keen organizational skills highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive culture and effectively collaborate with all Departments across the organization.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary Sofia University, FPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer