Sofia University was founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the fields of psychology, liberal arts, women’s spirituality and related areas. Located in Palo Alto, California, the University provides both on campus and low residency distance learning programs which permit students the opportunity to study at a distance and online, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty.
The university's purpose is to prepare students to apply the knowledge, principles and experiences of transpersonal psychology to research, training, and the practice of clinicians, counselors, educators, and other professionals. The university's broader purpose is to provide leadership in the field of transpersonal psychology whereby faculty, graduates, and students contribute to the enrichment of human life and address worldwide needs with compassion and effectiveness.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer
All resumes should be sent to Human Resources Manager Aida Smailagic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: IT Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
(LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE, NO VISA SPONSORSHIP)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the 24 x 7 availability of network services for the business in all production servers
- Monitor/analyze/support LAN/Wifi/WAN infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and efficient network operations
- Configure, setup, and manage switches, routers, firewalls, wireless devices, Radius server
- Analyze, document, and translate the needs of R&D groups into technical designs and informatics solutions.
- Administer and support corporate wireless networks including access points, authentication mechanisms and security
- Maintain high-level and detailed network diagrams for all sections of the LAN
- Manage Symantec backup and restore system and Ghost imaging system
- Collaborate and coordinate with all IT and internal business groups to manage projects
- Maintain servers for minimal downtime
- Provide end-user support
- Master’s degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in required areas
- Linux/Unix/OS installation & customization
- Technology fundamentals including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, SNMP, SSH, NFS, ISCSI
- NFS & shared file systems
- Apache configuration & management
- Configuration of send mail/postfix/generic email servers (or SMTP based)
- Fluent with at least two programming or scripting tools (e.g. BASH, PYTHON, PERL,PHP, or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge with cloud hosting server (Aws/Rack space)
- Solid knowledge with data migrations
Reports to: Provost
Department: Financial Aid
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
The Director of Financial Aid manages the daily operations of a fast-paced Financial Aid Office. This position provides senior-level leadership and is responsible for administering the University's financial aid program in accordance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor and maintain standards for the efficient, effective, and 100% compliant administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds
- Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to ensure 100% compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
- Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures.
- Working with employing departments, develop and maintain an effective use of federal work study dollars, on behalf of our students and the University as a whole
- Using the institutional database system, track the usage of funds efficiently and create accurate reports on existing and projected need
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return of Title IV Funds processes.
- Oversee coordination of student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution.
- Oversee Title IV refunds and repayments, including U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System notifications.
- Work with CFO and Accounting Department to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information and awards between school information systems. Participate in reconciliation process.
- Develop a financial aid literacy program for Sofia U students and graduates
- Lead collaboration of Financial Aid services with Accounting, Admissions, the Office of the Registrar, and other relevant university departments to achieve 100% compliance
- Reinforce, require, and demonstrate outstanding and consistent customer service
- Create, implement, and evaluate a system whereby clear channels of communication exists for students and requests are responded to in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment for students and staff
- Work effectively with individual students, parents, counselors, faculty and staff
- Serve as an effective expert spokesperson on the topics of financial aid applications, the context of financial aid, financing options, etc.
- Develop and produce financial aid pages for the Sofia U website, to be used by current and prospective students to learn about their packages, respond to information needs, etc
- Develop, produce and mail effective printed consumer informational materials for all audiences
- Understand the financial aid modeling process and be able to develop, analyze, and interpret financial aid leveraging models
- Analyze the results of the use of all types of financial assistance in support of overall enrollment goals
- Manage the electronic processing, origination, and transmission of federal and state grants and Direct Loans
- Manage the electronic processing of ISIRs
- Calibrate and program PowerFAIDs for auto packaging and disbursement in alignment with approved parameters
- Generate FISAP report and other reports required by the Department of Education
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years progressively responsible Financial Aid Officer experience
- Successful experience in higher education with 100% compliance
- Broad knowledge of federal financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements
- Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and personnel practices, communication techniques and computer software.
- General knowledge of accounting practices, data processing and computer applications
- Experience with current best practices in Financial Aid
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex issues and implement systemic solution
Reports to: Provost/ Vice President of Academic Affairs
Department: Academic Affairs
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
The Assistant Provost will ensure compliance throughout Sofia University. Direct reports: Registrar, Director of Financial Aid, Principal Designated School Official for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program
- Duties include ensuring compliance throughout Sofia University with requirements including:
- Federal requirements from the Department of Education, Homeland Security, and other United States agencies
- State requirements from the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Accreditation standards from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, under the direction of the Provost, who serves as Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Specialty and professional accreditation standards
- The Assistant Provost assists the Provost with projects and other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least three years of experience with compliance issues in higher education
Reports to: Admissions Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
As a member of the Admission Department, this creative and knowledgeable individual will assist in the planning, development and implementation of the University-wide recruitment and admissions programs. The Admissions Counselor will actively contribute to achieve enrollment goals as well as the growth development and activities of the department that promote a commitment to access and student success for our diverse student body.
- Focus on working with prospects for graduate and undergraduate Programs
- Achieve enrollment goals and objectives for new graduate students and support achievement of the University's annual enrollment goals for all programs
- Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
- Build a relationship between prospective students and the University in support of enrollment as a foundation for student success at Sofia University.
- Initiate and maintain communication with prospective students, applicants, and students admitted as graduate/undergraduate students to the University.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process, including a number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducting telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conduct on-campus and online recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins) as needed.
- Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming graduate students; facilitate communication between program chairs and prospective students regarding admission policies and procedures; resolve exceptional applicant problems.
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admission recruitment operations in general;
- Bachelor's degree; preferred in Business Management, Psychology, Education, Marketing, Public Relations, Counseling, or related fields.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3 years of experience as an admissions counselor or similar experience.
- Ability to be proactive, work under minimal supervision, with an appreciation for innovation and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex issues and implement systemic solutions. Previous experience with Jenzabar is strongly preferred.
- High energy, meticulous attention to detail, and keen organizational skills highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive culture and effectively collaborate with all Departments across the organization.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary Sofia University, FPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer