- Ph.D. Philosophy – University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
- M.A. Philosophy (with Specialty in Law) – University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
- B.A. Political Science & History – University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Gold, S. J. (2017). Birth of the pain clinic: Governmentality, identity and chronic pain. In E. Pezet & A. McKinlay (Eds.), Foucault, governmentality and management: Rethinking the management of populations, individuals and organizations (pp. 135-156). Routledge.
- Balicki, R., & Gold, S. (2015). Jeet Kune Do: The principles of a complete fighter (2nd ed.). H&L Press.
- Zacher, H., McKenna, B., Rooney, D., & Gold, S. (2015). Wisdom in the military context. Military Psychology, 27(3), 142-154. https://doi.org/10.1037/mil0000070
Research & Teaching Interests: Specializes in philosophy and organizational studies, disability theory, information technology, and ethics, law, and public policy.