Etel Leit, Ph.D., is a multidisciplinary academic with a focus on psychology and education. She holds a Ph.D. in Psychology with a concentration in Transpersonal Psychology from Sofia University, an M.S. from Pepperdine University, and a B.A. from Hebrew University. Her experience also extends to the Israeli Intelligence, where she earned a commandership. Leit is a licensed educator and addiction coach, with certifications in sign language for babies and children, parenting education, and curriculum development. Her research interests are diverse, encompassing positive psychology, family communication, addiction, and social media influence. She is an accomplished author, with publications ranging from academic papers to children’s books and self-help guides. Leit has also developed a sign language app for families, highlighting her expertise in utilizing technology for educational purposes.
- Ph.D. Psychology (Concentration in Transpersonal Psychology) – Sofia University
- M.S. – Pepperdine University
- B.A. – Hebrew University
- Teaching credential – Lewinsky University
- Commandership – Israeli Intelligence
Licensures & Certifications:
- Sign Language for Babies & Children
- Parenting Education Facilitator
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching Credential
- Addiction Coach Certificate
Research & Training:
Positive psychology, curriculum development, addiction and Alanon, family communication, English sign language, transformation through creativity, writing, poetry, psychospiritual transformation, intuition and creativity and social media influence.
- Leit, E. (2022). Letting go and surrender: The efficacy of god box in alleviating worries and obsessions among al-anon members as a positive psychology tool.
- Leit, Etel (2020). UnAddicted to You, Loving Yourself Through the Darkness Los Angeles, California: SignShine, Inc.
- Leit, Etel (2019). Where is Water? (children’s book) Los Angeles, California: SignShine, Inc.
- Leit, Etel (2015). You are My SignShine!: A Complete Guide to Using Sign Language to Connect and Communicate with Hearing Babies and Children. Los Angeles, California: SignShine, Inc.
- Road Signs. What my baby is trying to tell me? We in America. Israel-Jewish magazine USA. January 2008
- SignShine. Sign Language app for the family. Android and Apple. 2008