Sofia now offers lower-division (sophomore status) admission to students who have earned 45 semester/75 quarter credits and meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Have completed, or be in the process of completing, a minimum of 45 units of college courses. A grade of C or higher is required for each course.
The courses must be taken in the subject areas of:
- Mathematics: algebra, geometry or intermediate algebra
- History or Social Science
- Laboratory Science
- Language other than English
- Visual Performing Arts
- Elective Courses: additional classes selected from the above subjects
Upper division (Junior/Senior) status is offered for students who have completed 60 or more transferable semester (90 quarter) units and meet the following criteria:
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better in all transferable units attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended
- Have completed at least 30 transferable semester (45 quarter) units of college coursework with a grade of C or better in each of the following courses, at a level at least equivalent to courses that meet the following General Education requirements
- Oral Communication (usually 3 semester units): a public speaking course (A-1 at California community colleges)
- Written Communication (usually 3 semester units): a freshman English composition course (A-2 at California community colleges)
- Critical Thinking – (usually 3 semester units): a logic or argumentation /debate course (A-3 at California community colleges)
- Math / Quantitative Reasoning – (usually 3 semester units): a math course with intermediate algebra as a prerequisite (B-4 at California community colleges). The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements in English communication and mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning are also accepted.
Sofia University will accept a maximum of 135 quarter units as transfer units. A maximum of nine quarter units of Physical Education will be accepted as transfer units. Credit is not allowed for Continuing Education Courses, vocational courses, or non-credit workshops. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all courses for transfer credit.
Sofia University will also accept international students who wish to transfer upon successful evaluation of all previous undergraduate transcripts by World Education Services (WES), and a TOEFL score of at least 80 (out of 120).
Application Form Fill out the application form online or print out the application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Fee A non-refundable fee of $55 (US dollars) is required with your application.
Submit All Official School Transcripts
Contact all prior accredited colleges or universities which you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent to:
Admissions at email@example.com
(we prefer electronic files if possible)
1069 East Meadow Circle
Palo Alto, CA 94303