Hello Prospective Students,
Thank you for your interest in our academic programs at Sofia University!
Below is a list of documents that will be required from F-1 students in order to be considered as an applicant. The admissions team may require supplemental materials depending on your personal situation. If you are a transfer student, please scroll down to find your video with a step-by-step task manager to keep you organized throughout the admissions process.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call or make an appointment with an admissions counselor. Best of luck and we look forward to welcoming you into our academic community.
-The Admissions Team-
REQUIREMENTS: In addition to general Application Requirements, International Students will also need to provide the following items:
B. Visa (not required for abroad student)
C. I-94 (not required for abroad student)
D. Current I-20
E. 797A (if any)
F. Transcript Evaluation
Earn a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or an average of “B” grades. If required, Sofia will convert your international GPA prior to application evaluation. Please note that some majors require higher GPAs than others.
International School Work and Degrees: All international applicants provide an evaluation from one of our approved transcript verification companies for any educational work. :
Mark sheets/transcripts/degree certificates must be sent directly to WES or one of the other approved companies for evaluation. Sofia University must receive the academic record and the evaluation directly from WES or one of our approved companies.
A complete WES or another approved transcript evaluation is required.
G. English Proficiency
Students must have sufficient English language proficiency in both written and oral communication to complete studies in English. All applicants for whom English is a second language must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language
(TOEFL). The minimum required score for admission depends upon the version of the test taken.TOEFL requirements
: Sofia University’s TOEFL school code is 9770.
- A score of 525 or above is required on the paper base exam.
- A score of 70 or above is required on the internet base exam.
- The test score must be taken within 2 years.
A score of 6 or above is required.
*Proof of English proficiency may be waived for a student who has previously earned a college degree taught entirely in English in an English Speaking Country.
H. Proof of Financial Support
Federal regulations require incoming students to provide proof of financial support for one academic year prior to issuance of the paperwork for entry into the United States.
- Proof of financial support must be a bank record or some other certified document showing access to funds. This documentation may represent personal funds or family funds with a statement from the holder of the funds that the student may
use them for educational expenses, or funds from other sources (specify type and source).
- Refer to the current request for I-20 form for amounts required for each program.
- The registrar will send a properly executed document upon receipt of all required information and the non-refundable enrollment deposit.
- Please note that the deposit is charged to all students entering Sofia University and serves as confirmation of acceptance. It is not for the issuance of the entry document.
You are also welcomed to view our degrees
written in Chinese.
International Transfer Students
Check out the video below to see the steps for applying.