Sofia University was founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the fields of psychology, liberal arts, women’s spirituality and related areas. Located in Palo Alto, California, the University provides both on campus and low residency distance learning programs which permit students the opportunity to study at a distance and on-line, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty.
The university’s purpose is to prepare students to apply the knowledge, principles and experiences of transpersonal psychology to research, training, and the practice of clinicians, counselors, educators, and other professionals. The university’s broader purpose is to provide leadership in the field of transpersonal psychology whereby faculty, graduates, and students contribute to the enrichment of human life and address worldwide needs with compassion and effectiveness.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer.
All resumes should be sent to Human Resources Manager Aida Smailagic: email@example.com
Reports to: Admissions Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
As a member of the Admission Department, this creative and knowledgeable individual will assist in the planning, development and implementation of the University-wide recruitment and admissions programs. The Admissions Counselor will actively contribute to achieve enrollment goals as well as the growth development and activities of the department that promote a commitment to access and student success for our diverse student body.
- Focus on working with prospects for graduate and undergraduate Programs
- Achieve enrollment goals and objectives for new graduate students and support achievement of the University’s annual enrollment goals for all programs
- Track progress towards enrollment goals and undertake activities that support the achievement of those goals.
- Build a relationship between prospective students and the University in support of enrollment as a foundation for student success at Sofia University.
- Initiate and maintain communication with prospective students, applicants, and students admitted as graduate/undergraduate students to the University.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process, including a number of outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducting telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conduct on-campus and online recruitment of graduate students through admission interviews, campus visits & tours, open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Maintain student appointment schedule for prospective students and applicants (scheduled and walk-ins) as needed.
- Review applications for admission and monitor the admission profiles of incoming graduate students; facilitate communication between program chairs and prospective students regarding admission policies and procedures; resolve exceptional applicant problems.
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating work flow for graduate admission recruitment operations in general;
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred in Business Management, Psychology, Education, Marketing, Public Relations, Counseling, or related fields.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3 years of experience as an admissions counselor or similar experience.
- Ability to be proactive, work under minimal supervision, with an appreciation for innovation and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex issues and implement systemic solutions. Previous experience with Jenzabar is strongly preferred.
- High energy, meticulous attention to detail, and keen organizational skills highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive culture and effectively collaborate with all Departments across the organization.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary
Sofia University, FPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Designated School Official and Assistant Registrar
Reports to: Director of Student Services
Department: Student Services
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The University Designated School Officer is responsible for assisting the PDSO in ensuring full compliance with all aspects of Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Assists with compliance of all immigration regulations and also track and maintain student records in the SEVIS system. Also this position will be assisting Registrar with registration process—assists with student registration and enrollment; counsels and advises students, faculty, and staff on academic matters; interprets and enforces policies and regulations.
DSO Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Designated School Official approved by DHS to issue immigration documents and grant immigration benefits to students in F-1 visa status.
- Assist with advising international students and their dependents and help them maintain lawful immigration status through continuous education on immigration regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist with Reviewing and determine eligibility of prospective students; grant admission and issue immigration documents necessary to obtain the F-1 student visa. Advise students on the process for obtaining the student visa at the US embassy.
- Assist with ensuring institutional compliance with federal regulations by performing timely and accurate registration and reporting of all F-1 students to the government.
- Assist with monitor academic progress of international students and report this information to DHS on a regular basis, using the SEVIS web-based tracking system.
- Assist students with registration and payment problems, and university policies and procedures.
- Assist with developing written instructions for students to apply for federal benefits, such as work permission or change of visa status.
- Assist with compiling and submitting detailed statistical reports on F-1 students.
- Assist with new student orientations for International students.
- Assist with advising and guiding international scholars and students on immigration, visa, employment, cultural adjustment and transition matters such as applying for SSN, Driver’s license, bank accounts, etc.
- Assist with verifying eligibility and issue visa documents (DS-2019, I-20).
- Assist with maintaining accuracy and integrity of immigration-related records in institute files.
- Assist with guiding students through employment authorization applications such as OPT, OPT STEM Extension, CPT, and economic hardship.
- Assist with preparing correspondence and official letters to support visa applications and/or funding from international agencies.
- Assist with general office administrative duties, such as handling mail, telephone, mail, handling of forms, maintaining and ensuring security of confidential paper and electronic records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Registrar Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Registrar assists and works under the direction of the Registrar to lead, analyze, plan, and implement the operations and administrative requirements for graduation.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Registrar & Director of Student Services with activities of graduation and degree audit processes which includes supervision of staff members. Provide leadership to staff members and in processes affecting operational functions from graduation application to degree audit
- Assist Registrar with ensuring the timely audit of graduation applications for completion of degree requirements at the undergraduate levels. Collaborate with colleges, departments and other academic units to resolve issues related to undergraduate graduation and degree progress.
- Assist Registrar with all aspects of student registration on quarterly basis
- Process diplomas and transcripts
- Assist Registrar with ensuring that quarterly schedules are produced on time and meet students’ needs
- Assisting in the registration process and maintaining student records.
- Work closely with Admissions, student services, accounting and financial aid office to ensure student success.
- Assist and backup Registrar in all other registrar functions
- A bachelor degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3 years of experience as a registrar or DSO in an academic setting; or similar experience.
- Knowledge of Jenzabar, Student Information System is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior work experience with international students, F-1 and J-1 regulations is preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer-relation skills
- Successfully manage multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituents
Sofia University, FPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer