Sofia University Public Programs
COMING FALL 2013
NEW! Women's Spirituality Professional Certificate
- 4 courses over a year, with one three-day meeting
NEW FORMAT: Women's Spirituality Master’s / Certificate
- 3 meetings per year, balance of courses in interactive online format
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Spirituality conferred after one year
The Professional Certificate is a unique distance learning program that offers:
- An introduction to Women's Spirituality,
- An overview of the foundations and everyday applications of the values embodied by the Sacred Feminine,
- Tools and techniques to bring back to families and communities.
Offered over the course of one year, the Professional Certificate, starts with a three-day, in-person introduction to this rich subject, and continues over four quarters with: Women’s Ritual Heritage; Conflict Transformation as a Spiritual Practice; Women, Psychology and the Sacred; and Creative Inquiry and Expression.
These transformative courses will be of interest to:
- People interested in the Sacred Feminine and how the values of Women’s Spirituality can help to re-balance the world
- Those wanting to work with internationally sought teachers, authors, ritual practitioners and scholars
- Those seeking whole-person education which includes the intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, creative, and relational aspects of being human
- People who want to learn this material and may not be seeking a Women’s Spirituality Master’s degree.
Individual classes are also available through our Public Programs department.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW FORMAT: Women's Spirituality Master’s / Certificate:
Begins in September with a week-long residency at our campus in Palo Alto, California, and continues online with additional residencies in February (4 days) and May (one week). A Graduate Certificate in Women’s Spirituality will be conferred after one year in the program.
The distance-learning format allows students to study from home, be with their families, maintain their current job schedules and engage with schoolwork during times that fit into their schedule. Students will work together in an engaged, interactive learning community through our online campus and through written, video and audio methods. Participation in one’s own chosen spiritual and other experiential practices are part of the curriculum. Students will also have full access to Sofia’s extensive library.For more information, please contact email@example.com