SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING
The Master of Science in Computer Science at Sofia University provides students with a broad background in software development and other core disciplines of computer science. It also gives them the opportunity to further their knowledge in foundational and applied topics. Learn technological skills with humanistic values. Classes available onsite and online.
Located in Palo Alto, the heart of the Silicon Valley just minutes away from top companies such as Google, Apple, HP and Facebook, Sofia University provides the students with an environment rich in opportunities.
The program features:
- Onsite and hybrid/online formats
- Combine technological development with transpersonal values and skills for the practicing professional
- Promote creativity, cultural sensitivity and mindfulness
- Bring essential skills and values to the next generation of well-balanced leaders in the workplace
- Small classes and close interaction with faculty
- Faculty that are experts in their field, and bring the cutting edge technology and real-world computing experience to the classroom.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- Holistic Leadership & Management
- Transformative Computing
- Transformative Unmanned Aircraft Systems Computing
- Big Data and Data Mining
- Software Design and Process Excellence
- Wearable/Mobile Application Development
- Data Science
The Sofia University Difference – Student Testimonials
Program Design (Starting Summer quarter 2017)
The MSCS Program is designed to provide a greater variety of classes within a shorter term. The quarter system allows you to finish each class in only 10 weeks compared to a semester system which takes 16 weeks. Here’s the breakdown!
- Complete the program in 1.5 years (18 months)
- Total 12 subjects (each subject is 4 quarter credits which equal to 3 trimester credits)
- 12 subjects – Computer Science courses: 5 core, 7 electives
- 3 – Interdisciplinary courses (These are elective classes in Business, Psychology, Liberal Arts or any other subject outside of Computer Science; These are to provide a broader background upon graduation and the type of soft skills employers are seeking.)
- 1 − Internship/Practicum
Note: The internship requirement can be substituted with elective credit with Program Chair approval. Internship units taken beyond 3 units will NOT count towards degree requirements.
Course Transfer Information
Do you have courses you want to transfer in? Nine (9) units can be transferred in from other Master’s programs (based on approval).
Tuition: Estimated total cost of tuition for the degree: $36,000.00
Contact: email@example.com or call 650-493-4430