Learn technological skills with humanistic values. Classes available onsite and online. The Master of Science in Computer Science at Sofia University provides students with a broad background in software development and other core disciplines of computer science. It also gives them the opportunity to further their knowledge in foundational and applied topics. Located in Palo Alto, the heart of the Silicon Valley just minutes away from top companies such as Google, Apple, HP and Facebook provides the students with an environment rich in opportunities.
The program features:
- Onsite and hybrid/online formats
- Combine technological development with transpersonal values and skills for the practicing professional
- Promote creativity, cultural sensitivity and mindfulness
- Bring essential skills and values to the next generation of well-balanced leaders in the workplace
- Small classes and close interaction with faculty
- Faculty that are experts in their field, and bring the cutting edge technology and real-world computing experience to the classroom.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- Holistic Leadership & Management
- Transformative Computing
- Transformative Unmanned Aircraft Systems Computing
- Big Data and Data Mining
- Software Design and Process Excellence
- Wearable/Mobile Application Development
- Clinical Trial/Medical Computing
Required Course Work: 48 quarter units (1 – 2 year program)
- 5 Core (4 CS courses and 1 Transpersonal Studies course)
- 13 Electives (11 CS courses and 2 Transpersonal Studies course).
In addition to contemporary coursework in their disciplines, students can expect to take courses in transpersonal psychology, a full-spectrum psychology that encompasses a continuum of human experience and behavior. Some examples of courses are “Theories of Personality and Personal Growth”, “Positive Psychology”, and “Mind and Body Interaction in High Stress Work Environments”.
Tuition: Estimated total cost of tuition for the degree: $36,000.00
Contact: Rosanna.Romero@sofia.edu or 650-493-4430 ext. 296