Global Online Program
The Global PhD in Psychology provides a flexible, hybrid/online educational format for learners who want to conduct graduate level research in psychology with a focus on transpersonal psychology. Through a combination of online classes and residential seminars, program courses feature a specially designed research methods training track, dissertation process support, and a system of individual advising. The program trains students both in spiritual and integral psychological competencies, as well as methods of behavioral, qualitative and transpersonal psychological research.
Are You a Match?
The global doctoral student seems to fit a certain model. Does this sound like you?
- highly motivated
- personally mature
- able to work independently
- capable of handling complex information
Our program offers:
- Learner-centered, whole-person education
- Highly functional online technology for online courses
- Transformative and contemplative pedagogy
- 3 and 5 year online course of study with two required campus seminars per year
- An interdisciplinary curriculum which opens up a wide range of career options
- Original research opportunities in transpersonal psychology and related fields
- Expert and dedicated faculty
- A global learning community
3-Year Degree Program Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in psychology or related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university.
5-Year Program Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university.
Students enrolled in hybrid programs are required to attend two in-person seminars in the Northern California each year.
Faculty Research Interests
Members of our faculty publish in diverse areas of inquiry including exceptional human experiences, consciousness studies, creativity, comparative religions, and the interface of cultural studies and transpersonal psychology. Wondering about the research interests of our faculty? For a full list of interests, check out this link.
Louchakova-Schwartz, Olga, M.D., Ph.D.(Program Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Interests: Philosophy, Phenomenology, Islamic existentialism, illuminationist and Akbartian mystical philosophy (Suhrawardi, Mulla Sadra, Ibn Arabi); Sufism, Vedanta, Kundalini Yoga, Christian mysticism. In psychology: spiritual practice, human development, transformation
Methods: Phenomenology; qualitative methods; reflective analysis. Textual analysis; psychological testing and online survey methods. Science: experimental and theoretical methods.
Snow, Renée M., Ph.D., CFP®, (Dissertation Chair) EA email@example.com
Interests: Behavioral economics and finance, transpersonal corporate and business strategies, the influence of religion and philosophy on money management, especially Astika and Nastika traditions; conscious wealth creation that reveres all living beings and the environment, business and financial ethics, economic philosophy, value-driven personal wealth management.
Methods: Primary focus− quantitative and mixed-methods; Secondary focus− grounded theory, phenomenology
Heery, Myrtle, Ph.D. (Dissertation Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Interests: Grief, loss, group work, existential-humanistic psychotherapy, inner voice research, supervision, training of psychotherapists, near death experience, death and dying, transpersonal psychotherapy, change in psychotherapy models, the psychotherapist.
Methods: Case studies, phenomenological, depth inquiry, and heuristic.
What Can You Do with Your Doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology?
Our students integrate research on transcendence, consciousness, expanded human experience, and positive transformation in individuals, organizations and society with a broad spectrum of more traditional topics in sciences and humanities. Developed in the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology at Sofia University in the heart of Silicon Valley, our program encourages innovation and creativity in all areas of study. Our students learn to apply the principles and practices of transpersonal psychology to other industries, such as healthcare, law, management, engineering or artificial intelligence.
Anne-Marie Charest, Ph.D. conducted her research in mindfulness, embodied compassion, shamanic practices, and the art of transcendence. Her passion for the lived expression of spirituality as well as her shamanic practices has led her to solicit the re-introduction and revival of ancient shamanic rituals in Western culture. Through her organization, The Peaceful Soul Transitions, individuals are taught to explore the divine through daily embodied practices, mindfulness, and positive psychological approaches. In addition to her knowledge and studies in Somatic and Transpersonal Psychology, Anne-Marie was formally trained through the shamanic teachings of the Kalaalit Eskimo traditions of the far North, Greenland.
Julie writes about women’s development, motherhood, spirituality, and the art of self-inquiry. Most of what Julie does, in both her personal and professional life, is dedicated to human growth and development, teaching and learning, and understanding the complex dimensions of human behavior. It’s her goal to be mindful and present, to be loving and kind, and to live with wisdom and grace. Julie also believes in the power of gratitude as a game-changer for everything in her life.
JUST THE BASICS
- 4 quarter system runs Fall – Summer
- 3-10 units per quarter
- 5 year program - 120 units required coursework + dissertation
- 3 year advanced track – 75 units required coursework + dissertation
Tuition 5 year program:
- $5,330 per quarter / $21,320 per year.
- Estimated cost to complete in 5 years $109,055
- After 5 years - continuation fees are charged quarterly until your dissertation is completed
- Financial Aid available
Tuition 3 year Advanced track program:
- $6,584 per quarter / $26,336 per year.
- Estimated cost to complete in 3 years $80,663
- There are 3 years of full paid tuition.
- After 3 years- continuation fees are charged quarterly until your dissertation is completed
- Financial Aid available
Contact: email@example.com, 650-493-4430