Master of Arts in Spiritual Guidance
With a Master of Arts in Spiritual Guidance degree from Sofia University, you will have the ability to become a spiritual guide/director or enhance the professional career you already have in counseling, psychotherapy and other related fields.
Here’s what this program offers you:
- Dynamic online learning integrated with week-long in-person on campus learning
- Non-denominational spiritual orientation
- A comprehensive master’s thesis project
- Practicum and internship training
- Mentoring by multi-faith faculty
- Grounding in psychological theory
- Preparation for a career in spiritual guidance/direction that can be applied in various ways: hospital care for patients and family, education, grief and hospice work, group facilitation, body work, and healing arts
This degree prepares you for:
Private practice as a spiritual guide, hospice work, chaplaincy, group leadership, workshop presentations, spiritual trainings, consultation with other helping professions, and other creative endeavors that the student can dream up.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject from an accredited school, with 3.0 GPA
- Foundational psychology course(s) and a World Religions course may be required by the program chair
- Three sessions with an approved spiritual guide
For more information, contact Sofia University Admissions at (888)-98-SOFIA(76342) or email@example.com.