The Certificate in Transpersonal Awareness is ideal for students who want to sample courses within the field of transpersonal psychology without a full academic commitment. This 12-unit certificate program provides students with the opportunity to study in an online format in a leisurely and flexible way from their home.
Admissions Process: Students applying for this certificate must go through a formal admissions process. Eligible students may apply for advancement into the Global Master’s Program upon completion of the Certificate.
Goals and Outcomes
This certificate will:
- Provide a general survey of principles and practices of transpersonal/spiritual psychology.
- Provide opportunities to apply principles and practices of transpersonal and spiritual psychology.
- Provide experiences that utilize multiple ways of knowing to study transpersonal and spiritual psychology.
- Encourage students to appreciate and embrace world wisdom approaches, diversity, and ecological consciousness.
Course Requirements – 15 Total units
- Core Course 1: Self- Cultivation (3.0)
- Core Course 2: Contemplative Mind (3.0)
- Elective Choices (9.0):
- Transpersonal Approaches to Dreams and Dreaming
- Archetypes, Myths, and Symbols
- Creative and Conscious Aging
- Ways of Knowing
- Special Topics
Certificate Awarded: Upon completion of the coaching assessment, students receive a Certificate of Transpersonal Awareness.