Sofia University was founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the fields of psychology, liberal arts, women’s spirituality and related areas. Located in Palo Alto, California, the University provides both on campus and low residency distance learning programs which permit students the opportunity to study at a distance and on-line, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty.
The university's purpose is to prepare students to apply the knowledge, principles and experiences of transpersonal psychology to research, training, and the practice of clinicians, counselors, educators, and other professionals. The university's broader purpose is to provide leadership in the field of transpersonal psychology whereby faculty, graduates, and students contribute to the enrichment of human life and address worldwide needs with compassion and effectiveness.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer.
All resumes should be sent to Human Resources Manager Aida Smailagic: email@example.com
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Handles all library operations including library planning, policy formulation, budgeting, personnel management, collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, library automation, reference, instruction, interlibrary loan, community relations, space planning, media equipment checkout, and documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains a university library's collection of books, collections, data bases, serial publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials.
- Assists groups and individuals in locating, obtaining and using materials.
- Furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
- Establishes library plans and policies.
- Recruits and trains student work studies.
- Coordinates collection development activities and evaluates/reviews collection development decisions with the faculty.
- Coordinates the acquisition activities in the Library.
- Ultimately responsible for classification, organization, and access of the library collection.
- Arranges the circulation activities of the Library.
- Plans and oversees the media services purchases and implementations.
- Oversees technology applications in the library and coordinates with IT to meet departmental and institutional goals.
- Provides reference services and library instruction presented to the faculty, students, staff, and other patrons.
- Oversees library Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services to library patrons.
- Works with the Northern and Central California Psychology Libraries Consortium (NCCPL) and other organizations on various cooperative projects.
- Creates library documentation.
- Maintains monthly, quarterly, and annual statistics.
- Degree in library science is required
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Supervisory experience required.
- Other projects as assigned