About Sofia University
Sofia University, formerly the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, is a private, non-sectarian graduate school accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Founded in 1975, the Institute began as a groundbreaking center of integrative, whole-person learning and training. Today, Sofia is a leader in transpersonal research and education of clinicians, spiritual guides, wellness caregivers, and consultants who apply transpersonal principles and values in a variety of settings.
Sofia's stimulating and transformative educational paradigm, valuing the mind, body, spirit connection, attracts students from all over the world to both residential and distance-learning programs.
- Educational paradigm stressing a holistic approach to psychotherapy.
- Experiential educational model that integrates six aspects of human existence into coursework: intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, creative, and relational.
- Cutting edge research opportunities with leaders in the field of transpersonal psychology.
- Supportive and vibrant learning community including distinguished faculty and visiting scholars.
- Classroom environment that honors diversity and creative expression.
- Dynamic on-line/distance-learning opportunities utilizing the personal mentor system.
- Evening master's program for working adults.
For more information:
To receive more information regarding Sofia's academic programs and services please fill out the information request form.
We encourage you to read more about Sofia's history, mission and beautiful location in the San Francisco Bay Area. A brief description of Transpersonal Psychology and a glimpse into the richness and diversity of student life at Sofia will help your decision to join our Academic Community.
Alumni carry their Sofia University education into a large and diverse spectrum of disciplines such as clinical therapy, teaching, business, research, consultancy, coaching, and many other fields. Sofia provides the most recent information on career, work and professional opportunities for graduates, and offers personal sketches of alumni as well.
Sofia University admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.